Although being vegetarian is much easier now than it was even just a few years ago, it can still pose a challenge when eating out. There are some great vegetarian options to try when eating out in Carleton Place and here are some of our favourites:
- Generally, Indian cuisine gives lots of great options for vegetarians and Sagar Indian Cuisine is no exception. Their menu features a large vegetarian specialties section as well as a vegan menu! The Matar Paneer and Vegetable Korma are both great options and don’t forget to try some crispy onion bhaji to start!
- The Good Food Co. is a staple in town, and the food is always delicious! The cozy, friendly atmosphere makes it one of the best places to be for breakfast or lunch and there are always many options for vegetarians. Fresh tasty scones are made daily along with a daily soup option. The GFC also features yummy deli salads, hummus, and tabbouleh available every day as well. Be sure to save some room for dessert! There are lots of delicious dessert options available including pies, cookies, and squares, but the key lime pie is our absolute favourite!
- A great place to stop for a fresh and delicious breakfast or lunch, Freska offers a smorgasbord of options for vegetarians. There are so many choices you may have to visit several times to try them all! Try the Freska Harvest breakfast bowl (other breakfast bowls can be prepared without meat – try the Cajun!), sweet breakfast options like pancakes and French toast, Freskatorian eggs, Eggs Florentine, huevos rancheros or the spicy, flavourful shakshuka. For lunch, Freska offers a tasty veggie burger with a black bean patty served with roasted red pepper and avocado spread or a roasted veggie wrap with tasty pesto mayo.
- The Waterfront Gastropub serves up traditional pub fare with great atmosphere. The patio is second to none with gorgeous views of the Town Hall across the Mississippi River. Their menu is thorough and includes many vegetarian options. For breakfast, try a sweet selection of many different crepes or waffles, french toast, vegetarian omelette, or the vegetarian scramble. With plenty of starter and salad options for lunch and dinner including their yummy pub curry, no vegetarian will leave hungry!
- Vegetarians know that you can’t go wrong with falafel and Lakeside Mediterranean Shawarma has some of the best falafels around! Enjoy them in a wrap or try the falafel platter served with rice, fattoush salad, potatoes, pita bread, hummus, garlic sauce, pickles, turnips, and cabbage. There are lots of delicious vegetarian salad options to try as well.
- At Taste Blooms they are always cooking up some delicious vegetarian and vegan meal options and treats. Pop in to check their daily features. The veggie wrap is always available and totally delicious – it’s the perfect thing for lunch! If you are lucky you’ll stop in when they are serving up their South African Peanut Stew! Many great desserts available every day!