Covid Rapid Screening Program
Chamber of Commerce FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening program!
Why do this?
Information from Health Canada suggests that many people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program
- Employees administer the test themselves with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
Sign up for the Program
Step #2: Call the office to arrange for pick-up, 613-257-1976
To view the Rapid Testing Program Frequently Asked Questions, click here: FAQ_RapidTesting.docx (20 KB)
To view the Ministry’s Training Video, click here: