Covid Rapid Screening Program
Chamber of Commerce FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening program!
We are currently out of stock of Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Screening kits.
Ontario is experiencing a short-term, temporary disruption to the regular supply schedule, due to global supply chain constraints. We are on a waitlist as they work to ensure that in the short term, rapid antigen tests are available and prioritized to the most vulnerable sectors.
They have indicated that we should expect up to a 2-week delay to current and future orders in December and early January. Organizations continue to be eligible to receive rapid antigen tests from the province, and shipments will resume as soon as supply is available.
We encourage you to fill out your PASP form to get on our waitlist and we will contact you as soon as we have kits available. Please do not call our office.
Why do this?
Information from Health Canada suggests that many people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program in Step 1 below and complete the Program Agreement form, then book a 15-minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the Carleton Place Chamber office to receive training, and pick up a two week supply of kits
- Employees administer the test themselves with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed each week to the Chamber office
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
Sign up for the Program
Step #1: Complete the PASP Agreement and email it to email@example.com
PASP Agreement (33 KB .doc)
Step #2: We will contact you when we have kits available. Please include a phone contact number in your email.
Please note: In order to receive Rapid Test Kits you must also report back the results of your tests to our office. See link below. (no personal data is shared – we report aggregate data back to the Province each week) Report Results HERE.
Appointments are required prior to attending our office and masks are mandatory inside the building. If scheduling your first visit, please complete the PASP Agreement form and email it back to us before you book your first appointment. For your first visit, you will be required to watch a short training video. On future pickups, the video and a new PASP agreement will only be required if there has been a change of contact person at your organization.
To view the Rapid Testing program Frequently Asked Questions, click here: FAQ_RapidTesting.docx (20 KB)
To view the Ministry’s Training Video, click here: