Covid Rapid Screening Program
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
- FREE for all businesses in Lanark County with less than 150 employees!
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Carleton Place Chamber office
- Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program in Step 1 below and complete the Program Agreement form, then book a 15-minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the Carleton Place Chamber office to receive training, and pick up a two week supply of kits
- Employees administer the test themselves with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed each week to the Chamber office
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits by calling our office at 613-257-1976
- Test kits can be picked up Tuesday – Thursday from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm with appointments available every 15 minutes
Sign up for the Program
Step #1: Complete the PASP Agreement and email it to email@example.com
PASP Agreement (33 KB .doc)
Step #2: Book your pickup appointment
Book PICK UP: call our office at 613-257-1976 to schedule a first pick up time
Step #3: Complete the Prescreen Check
(please print and bring with you for pickup)
We just need to see your green checkmark when you arrive.
Step#4: Pick up your kits at the Carleton Place Chamber office at your appointment time
170 Bridge Street Carleton Place
Step#5: Report your results
(no personal data is shared – we just need to report to the Province the total number of kits used each week)
Step#6: Reorder your kits
BOOK PICKUP: please call us to re-order at 613-257-1976
Appointments are required and masks are mandatory inside the building.
If scheduling your first visit, please complete the PASP Agreement form and email it back to us before you book your first appointment. For your first visit you will be required to watch a short training video.
On future pickups, the video and a new PASP agreement will only be required if there has been a change of contact person at your organization.
To view the Rapid Testing program Frequently Asked Questions, click here: FAQ_RapidTesting.docx (20 KB)
To view the Ministry’s Training Video, click here: