Main Street Ambassador Job Description
My Main Street aims to revitalize neighbourhood main streets with a healthy retail mix while generating inclusive local economic opportunities. The heart of the My Main Street Accelerator is the Main Street Ambassadors Program. The Main Street Ambassador is a local resident with a keen interest in Community Economic Development, who will connect the municipality, the community, and main street businesses with wraparound supports and resources offered by My Main Street and other community partners.
Position Information: Full-time 12-month contract. Work will be in-person along the identified main street community, in-person work to be conducted in accordance with all Public Health guidelines.
Relationship Management and Community Engagement
• Conduct in-depth one-on-one consultations with small business clients along the identified main street community.
• Provide analysis and assessment of client business models, marketing, operational strategies, and provide targeted recommendations and connections to available programs to improve or start their business.
• Build local small business advocacy networks to support small business clients along the identified main street community.
• Conduct outreach to underserved client populations (i.e. Indigenous, youth, new immigrant,s and women) to establish business opportunities along the identified main street community.
Program Delivery and Reporting
• Implement My Main Street Accelerator programming and deliverables locally, including administration of non-repayable contribution applications and recruitment of local businesses.
• Work with the local municipality to identify local opportunities and potential clients.
• Ensure that program targets are met through excellent client service and project management.
• Using the tools provided, keep accurate and thorough records of required metrics.
Ongoing Collaboration and Improvement
• Participate in regular meetings of the Main Street Ambassador Network to contribute insights and suggestions that can be adapted and repurposed.
• Contribute success stories and best practices to amplify local impact.
• Support colleagues and team members across localities as needed.
Required skills and experience:
• Significant project management skills and experience.
• Entrepreneurial background or spirit.
• Natural connector, networker, relationship manager.
• Outstanding communicator – persuasive and enthusiastic presenter both live and virtually.
• Formal education and/or lived experience in any of the following: economic development, community development, market research, marketing, sales, business development, or program management.
• Familiar with social media, Client Relationship Management systems, and collaborative project management software.
• Comfortable with uncertainty, flexible and willing to embrace change, able to work remotely and virtually.
• Strong personal initiative and motivation.
• Fluent English, additional languages an advantage.
• Drivers license an advantage.
The My Main Street Accelerator is a program of EDCO (Economic Developers Council of Ontario) funded by the Government of Canada.
My Main Street is committed to ensuring that qualified applicants who are members of traditionally marginalized and equity-seeking groups, from a broad range of communities are prioritized in being hired as Main Street Ambassadors.
We invite you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter that details how your skill set and experience align with the position. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, January 4, 2022, and the job is slated to start the last week of January.