Nominations Open July 1st to August 31st, 2018
Business Awards of Excellence Guidelines
Please join us and take the opportunity to celebrate the exceptional individuals and businesses in our community. The Business Awards of Excellence Gala will take place at The Grand Hotel on Friday, October 19th, and will highlight the achievements and growth that has been exhibited by local business owners.
We are looking for submissions in 6 categories:
- Business / Business Person of the Year Award
This award will be given to a business that has been operating in Carleton Place and District for at least five years.
The nominee is viewed as a business leader in the community and has demonstrated excellence in business operations including; financial management, environmental practices, customer service, and sales and marketing. The business person also has a strong track record of community involvement and support.
- Community Involvement Award
This award will be given to a company that has demonstrated outstanding leadership in community service through organized programs involving employee and management engagement – the organization will have an established reputation for a high level of involvement in community support projects, internal social responsibility programs and have demonstrated participation at the community level with both employees and management in community projects and fundraising efforts.
- Excellence in Customer Service Award
This will be given to an organization that consistently demonstrates a high level of commitment to customer service and satisfaction. The candidate demonstrates a commitment to customer service over a prolonged period of time with an impact on sales.
The business owner understands the meaning of the phrase “the customer is always right” and empowers staff to provide solutions to problems and offers consistent high levels of service.
- Entrepreneur Award
This will be awarded to a business that has opened within the last 5 years. The award recipient will meet the following criteria:
The ability to create a business concept and implement it effectively.
LEADERSHIP: The focus and strength of character that enables the entrepreneur to move forward and inspire a team to do the same, despite sceptics and obstacles.
ACHIEVEMENT: Driving business success by going beyond developing an idea and continually innovating in order to generate new ideas.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Knowing that commitment and responsibility are not only confined to business and leveraging energies and resources to give back to the community.
- The Employee / Team of the Year Award
The Employee of the Year recognizes an individual or team nominated by their peers who clearly demonstrates loyalty, exceptional performance and an overall contribution to their organization – the individual has provided a significant impact to their company through high quality work, outstanding performance and is a well respected role model to others.
- People’s Choice for Best Business Award: Open Voting on Facebook
This award will be presented to a business that is seen as a leader in the community, is highly engaged and active. This business (and their staff) is engaged in volunteering, community events, and understands the concept of giving back to the community. This business delivers a high level of customer service, is an innovator in their field and has demonstrated overall excellence in business.
For more information on nominations, tickets and sponsorships, please contact Jackie Kavanagh or Amber Campbell at the Chamber of Commerce office at 613-257-1976.2018 Business Awards of Excellence Nomination Form
Nomination Rules and Regulations
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the Carleton Place & District Chamber of Commerce (including the People’s Choice Award).
- You may nominate more than one business including yourself.
- All nominations will be vetted by our Business Awards of Excellence Committee to ensure that the nomination has been made in the correct category. If a nomination cannot stand, the nominator will be notified and given the opportunity to change the nomination.
- Nominees will be asked to accept their nomination and to complete a brief nomination package that will be posted on the Chamber website.
- Nominees are eligible for consideration in one award category per year. (the Business Awards of Excellence Committee will decide on the best placement in the event that a business is nominated in more than one category)
- Winners in an award category are not eligible for subsequent nominations in that category for a three year period. (if a previous winner receives a nomination, the nominator will be notified of their ineligibility)
- Chamber member businesses get one vote in each category.
- People’s Choice Award is open to the public.
Procedure for Posting Nominations
- All nominations and nominee responses will be posted to the Chamber website.
- The names of nominees (business name and owner / employee name) are added to the Chamber website under one of the six nomination categories
- A small excerpt from the nomination will be quoted with a link to the full unedited nomination text. Nominator names will not be printed but are available to any Chamber member upon request
- Nominee feedback forms are published on the Chamber website in full. If a question is left unanswered, the questionnaire will state that it is “unanswered”
Voting Procedure (Regular Awards)
- The voting survey will be open for 2 weeks of September 7th to September 21st, 2018 and will be advertised through the Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce newsletter, direct emails to members, Facebook and Twitter.
- Each Chamber member business will be sent this policy to inform them of the Awards protocols.
- Each Chamber member business will be sent a link to a voting survey in which they can vote for their choices of nominees.
- A letter via post will be sent to any member who does not have an email address and they will be directed to contact the Chamber with their votes. They will be calculated and added to the final tally
- The voting survey is linked to each member email address on file and CANNOT be forwarded.
Voting Procedure (People’s Choice Award)
- The voting survey will be open for 2 weeks of September 7th to September 21st, 2018 and will be advertised through the Carleton Place and District newsletter, Website, direct emails to its members, Facebook and Twitter.
- There will be a direct link included on the Chamber website, newsletter
Counting the Votes (Regular Awards)
Each email address will be cross referenced with the voting list to ensure that each member only gets one vote per award. If there is a discrepancy (more than one vote comes from the same link) the votes will not be counted.
Counting the Votes (People’s Choice Award)
Each vote will be counted.
Announcing the Winners
- The Chamber will hold the Awards of Excellence Gala on Friday October 19, 2018 and notify all the nominees and Carleton Place and District Chamber members of the date, time and place of the Awards ceremony.
- The tickets for the Awards of Excellence Gala will be $80 plus HST and include a 3 course dinner.
- Attendees will be treated to a Champagne reception while a “congratulations to the nominees” slide show will be playing.
- The awards will be presented after dinner.