Rules & Guidelines
Nomination Rules and Regulations
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the Carleton Place & District Chamber of Commerce (including the People’s Choice Award).
- You may nominate more than one business including yourself.
- All nominations will be vetted by our Business Awards of Excellence Committee to ensure that the nomination has been made in the correct category. If a nomination cannot stand, the nominator will be notified and given the opportunity to change the nomination.
- Nominees will be asked to accept their nomination and to complete a brief nomination package that will be posted on the Chamber website.
- Nominees are eligible for consideration in one award category per year. (the Business Awards of Excellence Committee will decide on the best placement in the event that a business is nominated in more than one category)
- Winners in an award category are not eligible for subsequent nominations in that category for a three year period. (if a previous winner receives a nomination, the nominator will be notified of their ineligibility)
- Chamber member businesses get one vote in each category.
- People’s Choice Award is open to the public.
- All nominations will close on August 31st, 2019
Procedure for Posting Nominations
- All nominations and nominee responses will be posted to the Chamber website.
- The names of nominees (business name and owner / employee name) are added to the Chamber website under one of the six nomination categories
- A small excerpt from the nomination will be quoted with a link to the full unedited nomination text. Nominator names will not be printed but are available to any Chamber member upon request
- Nominee feedback forms are published on the Chamber website in full. If a question is left unanswered, the questionnaire will state that it is “unanswered”
Voting Procedure (Regular Awards)
- The voting survey will be open for 2 weeks of September 6th to September 20th, 2019 and will be advertised through the Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce newsletter, direct emails to members, Facebook and Twitter.
- Each Chamber member business will be sent this policy to inform them of the Awards protocols.
- Each Chamber member business will be sent a link to a voting survey in which they can vote for their choices of nominees.
- A letter via post will be sent to any member who does not have an email address and they will be directed to contact the Chamber with their votes. They will be calculated and added to the final tally
- The voting survey is linked to each member email address on file and CANNOT be forwarded.
Voting Procedure (People’s Choice Award)
- The voting survey will be open for 2 weeks of September 6th to September 20th, 2019 and will be advertised through the Carleton Place and District newsletter, Website, direct emails to its members, Facebook and Twitter.
- There will be a direct link included on the Chamber website, newsletter
Counting the Votes (Regular Awards)
Each email address will be cross referenced with the voting list to ensure that each member only gets one vote per award. If there is a discrepancy (more than one vote comes from the same link) the votes will not be counted.
Counting the Votes (People’s Choice Award)
Each vote will be counted.
Announcing the Winners
- The Chamber will hold the Awards of Excellence Gala on Friday October 18, 2019 and notify all the nominees and Carleton Place and District Chamber members of the date, time and place of the Awards ceremony.
- The tickets for the Awards of Excellence Gala will be $80 plus HST and include a 3 course dinner.
- Attendees will be treated to a Champagne reception while a “congratulations to the nominees” slide show will be playing.
- The awards will be presented after dinner.