Rules & Guidelines
Nomination Rules and Regulations
- Nominees must be members in good standing in 2020 of the Carleton Place & District Chamber of Commerce (including nominations for the People’s Choice Award).
- You may nominate more than one business including yourself.
- All nominations will be vetted by our Business Awards of Excellence Committee to ensure that the nomination has been made in the correct category. If a nomination cannot stand, the nominator will be notified and given the opportunity to change the nomination.
- Nominees will be asked to accept their nomination and to complete a brief nomination package that will be posted on the Chamber website.
- Nominees are eligible for consideration in one award category per year in addition to the People’s Choice category. (the Business Awards of Excellence Committee will decide on the best placement in the event that a business is nominated in more than one category)
- Winners in an award category are not eligible for subsequent nominations in that category for a three year period. (if a previous winner receives a nomination, the nominator will be notified of their ineligibility)
- Chamber member businesses get one vote in each category.
- The People’s Choice Award is open to the public for voting.
- Nominations will close on Friday, August 28th, 2020.
Procedure for Posting Nominations
- All nominations and nominee responses will be posted to the Chamber website as received.
- The names of nominees (business name and owner) are added to the Chamber website under one of the nomination categories.
- A small excerpt from the nomination will be quoted with a link to the full unedited nomination text. Nominator names will not be printed but are available to any Chamber member upon request.
- Nominee feedback forms are published on the Chamber website in full. If a question is left unanswered, the questionnaire will state that it is “unanswered”.
Voting Procedure (Regular Awards)
- The voting survey will be open for 2 weeks, September 4th to September 18th, 2020, and will be advertised through the Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce newsletter, website, direct emails to members, Facebook and Twitter.
- Each Chamber member business will be sent this policy to inform them of the Award protocols.
- Each Chamber member business will be sent a link to a voting survey in which they can vote.
- A letter via post will be sent to any member who does not have an email address and they will be directed to contact the Chamber with their votes. Those votes will be calculated and added to the final tally.
- The voting survey is linked to each member’s email address on file and CANNOT be forwarded.
Voting Procedure (People’s Choice Award)
- The voting survey will be open for 2 weeks of September 4th to September 18th, 2020, and will be advertised through the Carleton Place and District newsletter, website, direct emails to its members, Facebook and Twitter.
- There will be a direct link included on the Chamber website, and newsletter.
Counting the Votes (Regular Awards)
Each email address will be cross-referenced with the voting list to ensure that each member only gets one vote per award. If there is a discrepancy (more than one vote comes from the same link) those votes will be disqualified.
Counting the Votes (People’s Choice Award)
Each vote will be counted.
Announcing the Winners
- The Chamber will make every effort to hold the Awards of Excellence Gala on Friday, October 16, 2020 and notify all the nominees and Carleton Place and District Chamber members of the date, time, and place of the Awards ceremony.
- The tickets for the Awards of Excellence Gala will go on sale in mid-August.
- The format of the Awards Gala will be determined as venues are allowed to open in the province of Ontario.