We’re Carleton Place Tourism—promoting Carleton Place as a great destination for day trips, weekend outings and anytime travel that embraces the outdoors, nature, and great food experiences. We’re a small but mighty community that offers amazing scenery, great trails, water activities, restaurants, and shopping all at a relaxed pace in a friendly place. We’re cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where we all feel welcome, and we’re searching for a dynamic and creative team player who loves tourism, small towns, and natural settings to curate social content, engage with stakeholders and create some great marketing materials that will help us leverage our newly created Destination Development Action Plan.
As the Tourism Coordinator you will be responsible to:
- create and implement tourist-focused marketing initiatives that increase traffic to our community and stimulate retailer sales;
- create and implement programming that encourages stakeholder engagement and boosts community pride;
- engage with regional tourism partners, local, regional, and provincial governments, and tourism agencies to build and strengthen working relationships;
- work to position Carleton Place as a premier day trip and travel destination by leveraging local assets and activating community spaces.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Tourism Manager, develop and implement strategic destination marketing plans, strategies, tactics, and programs by planning and facilitating activities in order to deliver optimal business results;
- Build relationships with the travel trade, hospitality trade, and regional tourism partners;
- Increase accessibility and sharing of tourism research, performance indicators, business metrics, and best practices that support program viability;
- Plan new research-based advertising strategies for current and subsequent years that will increase the tourism market share;
- Study and implement strategic advertising/promotional options (digital and web-based) to raise the profile of the community;
- Further develop and promote tactical programs aimed at the tourist market;
- Develop strategies and messaging to promote long weekend excursions, spring breaks, and holiday shopping;
- Drive the quality of the visitor experience, providing a consistent standard of facilities, services, and welcome that meets the needs of all visitors;
- Work with team members to collaboratively create and promote local festivals and activities that will enhance the local visitor experience;
- Assist in maintaining and organizing the tourism photo library;
- Assist with the production of guidebooks, maps, and brochures;
- Provide tourism reception duties, including telephone answering, and responding to emails and customer requests;
- Provide Travel Counseling to visitors at the Tourism Information Centre and at external events and shows;
- Collect and maintain statistics on tourism activity;
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Tourism Manager.
What you can expect from us:
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our success.
- Degree or Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality, Marketing, Communications or a related field;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building techniques;
- Passion for creativity: Proven ability to develop breakthrough ideas and bring them to market;
- Proficient in developing ongoing, strategic campaigns for our Social Media channels;
- Demonstrated ability of strong verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite and ability to troubleshoot;
- Proven ability to work within a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- Knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, or In-Design;
- Experience in Grant writing.
Please send a resume and cover letter highlighting your skill set related to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline – Monday, April 10th, 5:00 pm.
Job Type: Part-time – 24 hrs per week/salary range 22$ – 25$ per hr dependant on qualifications and experience
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
Schedule: Weekdays with occasional weekend shifts.
Please note this is an in-person/on-site position in Downtown Carleton Place with an expected start date of Wednesday, May 10, 2023.